What is proper maintenance for my standard water heater?
- Before you begin any maintenance on your conventional water heater, make sure you turn off the power and read the owner’s manual
- Remember to drain water from the water heater’s tank, at least every 3 months. This will prevent sediment and dirt from collecting at the bottom of your water heater and help ensure superior performance.
- Inspect the water heater burner. Check for a blue flame, tinged with yellow, under your conventional water heater. If the burner appears sooty, or you see a mostly yellow flame, then your flue may be blocked or clogged. Call a professional at Sammy Brown Plumbing, and we will inspect your standard water heater.
- Your hot water heater should be inspected at least every 2 years by a trusted Sammy Brown Plumbing service technician. Our specially trained technicians will check to make sure your standard water heater’s drain valves are sealed and that the anode rods remain free of corrosion.
To request service or maintenance on your water heater, call Sammy Brown Plumbing at (256)746-1028.
What is the lifespan of a conventional hot water heater?
With proper maintenance, your standard water heater should last approximately 11 years, or longer. However, without proper maintenance, it is likely that the lifespan of your hot water heater will be significantly shorter. Remember to call the service technicians at Sammy Brown Plumbing to have your conventional hot water heater regularly serviced!
If you only install State hot water heaters, will you repair other brands of standard water heaters?
Absolutely! Sammy Brown Plumbing works with State to provide the most reliable, durable, and energy efficient standard hot water heaters to our valued residential customers. However, our service technicians are trained to service and repair all standard water heaters, including: Rheem, Whirlpool, Bosch, GE, and Rinnai. To request service, send our plumbers a request form and we will get someone out there right away.
Do you offer any sort of warranty or guarantee for your work?
Yes! At Sammy Brown Plumbing, we are so confident in the work of our plumbers, we offer a 6 year warranty on every standard State hot water heater installed. This warranty includes all the valves, supply lines, and other parts of the standard hot water heater.
How does a tankless hot water heater work?
There is a simple process that the tankless hot water heater uses:
- A hot water tap is turned.
- Next, water enters the heater.
- The water flow sensor detects the strength of the water flow.
- The water heater’s computer automatically ignites the burner.
- Water is forced to circulate through the heat exchanger.
- The heat exchanger heats the water temperature to the set temperature.
- When the hot water tap is turned off, the tankless water heater shuts down.
What is a tankless water heater heat exchanger?
Since the heat exchanger is where the water is heated up by the Noritz dual flame burners, it is also where most of the stress in a tankless water heater occurs. For this reason, the Noritz Tankless Water Heater utilizes a heat exchanger with 25% thicker copper piping. This helps to ensure the heat exchanger’s quality and durability is not compromised
How often does a tankless water heater need servicing?
At Sammy Brown Plumbing, we recommend getting your tankless water heater serviced at least once a year. Sammy Brown Plumbing service technicians have received extensive tankless water heater servicing and repair training. We guarantee to send out only the best service technicians, able to pass drug tests, background checks, and licensing exams!
What if I have an after hours emergency?
Call Sammy Brown Plumbing! We offer 24 hour service, 7 days a week to all of our valued customers in the Huntsville region. Call us today at (256)746-1028.
Why are only Noritz Tankless Water Heaters installed?
At Sammy Brown Plumbing, we believe that the durability, efficiency, and performance of the Noritz Tankless Water Heater provide our customers with the best possible tankless water heater experience. Noritz Tankless Water Heaters are the most advanced water heaters in the industry, and are number 1 in tankless water heater technology! To request a bid for a tankless water heater, contact the plumbers at Sammy Brown Plumbing to schedule a free estimate.
Sammy Plumbing Contractors
For many years, Sammy Brown Plumbing has been providing the Huntsville metropolitan area with the highest quality water heaters, drain cleaning, and plumbing services. We offer State water heaters to our customers because of our confidence in the durability, reliability and efficiency of these hot water heaters. If you choose Sammy Brown Plumbing for your plumbing repairs, drain cleaning, or water heater services, we guarantee prompt, efficient, and high-quality customer service from our specially trained service technicians. Please give us a call today (256)746-1028.