What is my plumbing system?
The pipes and appliances that operate in your bathroom, kitchen, and laundry room make up your plumbing system. This means your plumbing system includes drains, bathtubs, sinks, showers, and toilets that operate your bathrooms and also the drains and sinks in your kitchen. Your plumbing system can also be expanded, if you decide to install a new dishwasher in your kitchen or washer in your laundry room. Technicians from Sammy Brown can complete needed repairs and routine maintenance work in your home’s plumbing system.
How often does my plumbing system need maintenance?
Making sure your plumbing system is running at optimum efficiency means that your plumbing system will need maintenance throughout the year. Whenever you have a plumbing system question or are unsure of how to repair your plumbing system, call a professional technician at Sammy Brown Plumbing.
What sort of plumbing services does Hoffmann Brothers offer?
At Sammy Brown Water Heater Contractors, we are proud to offer a variety of plumbing repair and maintenance services! We can help you replace and repair water pipes, find water heater and toilet tank leaks, replace faucet, tube and toilet fixtures, and many other plumbing system services! If you have any questions about your plumbing system contact Sammy Brown Plumbing.
Why should I choose Hoffmann Brothers for my plumbing system needs?
Because Sammy Brown has been serving the Huntsville region for years, we can guarantee your satisfaction in our work. Our service technicians are friendly, dependable, and will clean up work spaces before we leave a job. ! Because your satisfaction is important to Sammy Brown, we offer clear pricing and contracts, to make sure you are not surprised at the cost of our services! At Sammy Brown Plumbing we offer expert, professional service and will rapidly respond whenever you have an emergency!
Do you have any preventative maintenance tips for my plumbing system?
Absolutely! Sammy Brown wants to help you extend the life of your plumbing system, and has some helpful tips:
- Looking for signs of leaks around your home’s foundation, where pipes run through walls, and near visible pipes. Signs of a leak include puddles of water and watermarks on walls, floors or ceilings.
- Looking for signs of corrosion. Pipe corrosion can cause leaks and bad pipe connections if not corrected. Green stains around copper and brass fittings and on shutoff valves are a sign of corrosion.
- Testing water pressure. Water pressure measures the force of water, as it comes out of sink faucets and showerheads. Low water pressure can be a sign of a problem with the water line or of sediment build up in the faucet or shower head.
- Removing the showerhead to look for any blockage or sediment that it may have collected. Blockages and sediment buildup can cause lower water pressure.
- Checking each sink, bathtub, and shower for the speed of drainage. Slow drainage is usually a sign of a clog in the drain or a blocked pipe. When draining, the water should have a full swirl. If you see bubbles when the water is draining, this usually indicates a problem.
- Checking the inside parts and the flushing handle of toilets. To make sure they are flushing properly, flush each toilet at least once. Check inside the tank of the toilet to see if any parts are rusted, missing, or broken. Make sure there is no water on the floor around the toilet, and that the toilet water does not continue to run after flushing.
- Looking for cracked tiles in the around sinks, near the water pipes in the home, or in the shower. Hollow or loose tiles can be an indication that there is a leak underneath or behind the tile that may have caused rotting.
- Checking if any sink, bathtub, or toilet caulking is coming off.
- Checking for mildew in sinks, bathtubs, showers, and clothes washers. Mildew is caused by standing water that has dried up again.
- Checking to see if toilets rock or move by pushing and pulling on each toilet.
- Looking inside the burner chamber of your home’s water heater, for any flakes of rust. Also, check the flame of the water heater, to make sure it is a blue color. If you see a yellow color, this can indicate that the jets need to be cleaned
- Draining the water heater to remove sediment build up.
- Turning on all of the faucets to see if there is any water leaking out of the handles and valves.
- Checking the hoses connected to your washing machine, to make sure they are not cracked, brittle, or leaking.
Sammy Brown Plumbers
Sammy Brown Huntsville Plumbing & Water Heater Contractors has been providing the Huntsville metropolitan area with the highest quality plumbing services. We offer plumbing services such as pumbing inspections, backflow testing, kitchen remodeling, bathroom remodeling, garbage disposals, and sump pumps. If you choose Sammy Brown for your plumbing repairs & services, we guarantee prompt, efficient, and high-quality customer service from our specially trained plumbers. Please give us a call today (256)746-1028.